Top 5 parties in Bali
- article by Sash Milne
Where do you go to show off your new look and party the night away Bali style?
For most travellers Bali is a veritable hot spot for all your vacation needs, whether it's shopping for the perfect outfit, working on your tan, resting, pampering or preening. Once the sun goes down, Bali also has so many options for great parties, it can be difficult to choose which funky venue to inhabit and let loose on the dance floor. No matter your style, your vibe or the size of your group, Bali’s best party spots will cater to your every need, guaranteeing you enjoy a night to be remember on those long days back at work when you are fighting off post holiday blues.
Ku De Ta
The first and possibly most famous party hot spot in Bali, Ku De Ta is a spectacular venue set right on a white sandy beach with an unobstructed view of the spectacular sunset right over sparkling blue water. This is the ideal place to start the night. Sipping one of their hand crafted, delicious fruity cocktails or select beer or spirits from an international menu that is sure to impress even the pickiest of connoisseurs.
The deck at Ku De Ta is truly one of the most relaxing, exquisite and picturesque places in Bali to enjoy a good drink and absorb the party vibe. Ku De Ta also offers fine dining and some of the parties and events held at this venue are truly inspired. Top notch DJ’s and live music make this one of Bali's most a classy, comfortable and jaw-droppingly beautiful locations.
If you are up for a big night out then you will probably be drawn by drink specials, eclectic music and party prizes at the ever popular 61Legian Nightclub and Dining Complex. From impressive drink offers, free VIP passes and four levels of bars, clubs and restaurants, this over-the-top clubbing venue really does offer a big night out for all. Whether you want live music, hip hop, lounge or disco, the Sky Garden Club is always a fun place to go and have a dance with your friends and the reasonable drink prices mean you can have a great night out without breaking the bank. Get silly and party the night away with the other carefree tourists that inhabit the wild and wonderful Kuta scene.
For a vodka bar with a twist, you can’t ignore the elegance and funky party atmosphere of Red Square, Bali’s first Russian Vodka bar. This bar is not your traditional vodka bar, offering a lot more than just fancy drinks - although it does have those too. Winning numerous awards for service and excellence, Red Square is modern, and run by some very attractive, cool, talented bar staff who take pride in whipping up some incredible drinks to really get your night pumping. At midnight you will be awed by an exciting fire and bar flair show that proves just how skilled the staff really are. Red Square offers funky events many nights of the week that will blow your mind, and even when there is no special event, great DJ’s perform all night long offering a mix of sexy house music and progressive pop to keep your feet moving long into the early hours of the morning.
For the young or young at heart, the legendary Bounty is located right in the heart of Kuta’s club scene. This is a club where anything goes, with live music events, DJ’s and foam parties this club certainly isn’t for the faint hearted. For a wild night out with friends new and old, Bounty is certainly a place where young travellers come to let loose. Party the night away in the open air club or get some down time in the air-conditioned interior where you can actually hear each other talk before heading back upstairs to the dancefloor. Every traveller who loves to party in Bali has a Bounty story. Get out there, get wild and make your own.
For those who prefer a less traditional party atmosphere and love to dance with the wind in their hair, Kuta beach at Full Moon is the place to be. The full moon has always been a special time for the Balinese and is still celebrated every month. There isn’t a specific Full Moon Party in the heart of Kuta, but if you head down to the beach at full moon there are always some great parties to join. For a fun night out with sand between your toes, the beach is the best place to party when on your island holiday. Keep your eyes out for event news while you’re in town, including the world class surfing competitions and beach festivals, which all end with pumping, often free entertainment and awesome parties right next to the water.
Bali is Indonesia’s party central. If you’re in town for some fun, you'll be spoilt for choice. Whether relaxing with cocktails at sunset, enjoying funky live bands or pumping beats until sunrise, Bali offers you the best of the best parties, every night of the week.
As fuel for the fun, Bali's clubs and bars serve a tempting selection of creative cocktails, here's a selection to power up the party vibe:
- Hu'u (www.huubali.com): 20,000 square foot, a 14 metro long pool, and over 70 cosmopolitan cocktails to sip on as you rub shoulders with the jet set lot. What more can you ask for?
- Ku De Ta (www.kudeta.net): Undoubtedly one of the most well know beach front hangouts on the island, the restaurant and bar is known for their bashes and classy drinks.
- Metis Bali (www.metisbali.com): Located stunningly amongst rice paddies, the entrance to Metis is as dramatic as the sunken bar to sit down with a selection from the wine list.
- Potato Head (http://www.ptthead.com/potato-head-beach-club).
- Following the success of its Jakarta flagship, Potato Head Bali beach club was launched in 2010 as an art gallery-cum-lounge bar.
- Bacio Club (www.bacioclub.com).
- One of Blue Ocean Boulevard's most thriving nightlife destination is Bacio Club, which features a catwalk where many a fashion show has been strutted, and a retractable skylight for the sun to shine down on the beautiful.
- Rock Bar (www.ayanaresort.com/rockbarbali/wp).
- Situated in Ayana Resort, the bar's name says it all -- perched on the water's edge on a rocky outcrop, Rock Bar's superior al fresco location can best be appreciated during sunset hours, with the fiery sky above and the crashing waves below.