4 4 11
|Available for longterm|
|Available for weddings|
|Suitable for children|
|Suitable for elderly|
|Suitable for wheelchairs|
- Air Condition
- Single bed
- Double bed
- Bed Linen and Towels
- Outdoor shower
- En-suite bathroom
- Lounge seating
- Ceiling Fans
- Terrace / balcony
- Sun beds / chairs
- BBQ / Bar area
• Surfing – A great surf break for beginners - Hiriketiya bay nearby with several instructors available.
• Sailing and Yacht charter - October to May. Discover the joy of sailing and/or have a lesson on a Minibee 6.5; a Dragon; a Dhoni or a Hobie Cat 18. Rent a Catamaran (comes with crew). Rent a RIB, with or without a skipper.
• In Villa Massages - 1-hour massage.
• Turtle conservation – Rekewa is one of Sri Lanka’s most important marine turtle nesting beaches where five (out of seven) species nest throughout the year.
• Safari & Flamingos in Bundala National Park (Distance 67km, 1.5 hours) It is a fantastic maze of waterways, lagoons, and dunes - home to approx. 197 species of colourful birds - the highlight being the Greater Flamingo.
• Yala National Park (Distance 100km, 2 hours) A safari in Yala offers the chance to see some of Sri Lanka’s 91 mammals; including leopards, elephants, sloth bears, sambhars, spotted deer’s, wild boars, anteaters, civet cats, giant squirrels, lots of monkeys, and many varieties of birds.
Include all taxes - No booking fees
|Season||Dates||Bedrooms||Daily Rental||Minimum Stay|
|High Season||11 Jan 2019
30 Apr 2019
|4 bedroom||USD 1,170||3 nights|
|Low Season|| 1 May 2019
30 Jun 2019
|4 bedroom||USD 850||3 nights|
|Mid Season|| 1 Jul 2019
31 Aug 2019
|4 bedroom||USD 1,050||3 nights|
|Low Season|| 1 Sep 2019
30 Nov 2019
|4 bedroom||USD 850||3 nights|
|Mid Season|| 1 Dec 2019
13 Dec 2019
|4 bedroom||USD 1,150||3 nights|
|Peak Season||14 Dec 2019
7 Jan 2020
|4 bedroom||USD 1,750||3 nights|
|Mid Season|| 8 Jan 2020
30 Apr 2020
|4 bedroom||USD 1,150||3 nights|
- Services, Staff
- Electricity, mains water
- Basic cleaning and garden supplies
- Telephone costs
- Provisioning costs
- Extra services (nannies, drivers, therapists, tour and event organization)
* For cancellations more than 60 days before the arrival date 80% of the total rental amount, minus a USD 150 administration fee, will be refunded.
* For cancellations and/or amendments 30 - 60 days before the arrival date, 50% of the final booking amount, minus USD 150 in administration fees, will be refunded.
* For cancellations 1 - 29 days before the arrival date and for no-shows, no refund will be made.
* During peak periods, 30 days will be added to all cancellation periods.
* A refund may be offered, if the Villa is re-let for the same duration and at the same rates.
* Any amendments that reduce the total rental amount will be treated as a partial cancellation and may be subject to the cancellation fees stated above.
* Any amendments that involve the booking of another property altogether, will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and the creation of a new one.
* In the unlikely event a villa booking is cancelled by the owner, the owner will attempt to secure a booking in an alternative property of the same standard, at the same rates. If this is not possible, a full refund will be made.
* Prices quoted are in US Dollars, are listed by the Villa Owners and are subject to change without prior notice. However, once a deposit or payment has been received, the prices will not be amended for the dates of the rental.
* All payments are to be made in US dollars unless an exchange rate for other currencies has been agreed on prior to the payment being made.
* Bookings more than 30 days before the date of arrival will require a 50% deposit to confirm the booking. The full payment must be received 30 days (60 days if peak period) before the date of arrival. No reminder will be sent and failure to pay on time may result in a loss of the booking.
* Bookings made within 30 days of the date (60 days if peak period) of arrival, will require full payment.
* Once the deposit or payment has been received, a final booking confirmation will be sent.
* A security deposit equivalent of one-night rent will be payable in US Dollars, in cash, on arrival at the villa. This deposit will be used for any damages or charges incurred during the stay. The difference or full amount will be returned in USD on the day of departure. If the charges cannot be determined at the time of departure, the Owner is entitled to withhold a reasonable estimate from your security deposit and will return any balance as soon as the actual cost has been determined.
Lansiya is a historic, elevated beach property
Lansiya’s four fan-cooled bedrooms are split between the recently-built Lansiya House and the original Lansiya Hill, where a single suite is tucked into the palm-topped headland boasting exceptional views of the bay.
Lansiya House features a wide passageway on the ground floor that takes you directly through the building from the rear entrance to the lawned garden at the front, decked out with multiple seating and built-in sofas topped with turquoise cushions. Leading off to the right is a cosy sitting room/study with rattan chaise longue and sofa seating, a Satellite TV and DVD player plus cabinets brimming with movies, books and board games. As this room also has an en-suite bathroom with shower it’s ideal for sleeping a less mobile guest.
On the first floor are three stylish bedrooms that open onto a shared sea-view balcony furnished with cushioned rattan chairs. Although the bedrooms at either end are slightly larger than the middle one, all three are furnished with king-sized four-poster beds (fitted with mosquito nets) plus either a single day bed or chaise longue that could be used to sleep an extra child. The first bedroom has air conditioning whilst they all benefit from the overhead fans and sea breeze. Folding doors open widely to welcome the views and the en-suite bathrooms feature designer sinks, wardrobes and expansive open-air shower courtyards for alfresco bathing under the stars.
A grassy lawn sweeps down gently from Lansiya House to a blue and green chequered tiled infinity pool and 6 sunbeds which gaze down upon the bay below. Flanked on either side, are a pair of fan-cooled, tiled floor pavilions; one constructed with built-in sofa seating for relaxation (ideal for yoga too), the other for dining and admiring the beautiful sunset views whilst enjoying the breeze from the sea. The dining pavilion is larger and comes with seating for twelve, a sitting area with loungers and a bar that leads into a fully-equipped kitchen. This pavilion has the added convenience of a downstairs bathroom, whilst the other pavilion lies next to an outdoor shower camouflaged under a mangrove tree.
Accessed via a little bridge, the fourth bedroom is in Lansiya Hill. This sublime suite enjoys extreme privacy and its own wrap-around balcony furnished with a double sun lounger, turquoise cushioned sofa seating, in fitting with the consistent aquamarine theme, and a circular dining table overlooking the bay. Sylvester the chef and house manager is more than happy to offer private dining to this special spot if the couple would like to fully ensconce in their escapism. The bedroom is furnished with an empire-sized bed and a huge Dutch chest as well as a chaise longue (that could be used as a child’s bed). Running parallel to the room is a passageway with good cupboard storage and leading off from this a loo, a mini bar and a big open-air shower courtyard with garden. Below the house is a fixed open-air massage table where you can enjoy the hands-on touch of a professional visiting masseuse as well as the surrounding sounds of nature.
Lansiya Hill delights with a view over Seenimodera, a beautifully unspoilt coastal village between Tangalle and Dikwella that's famed for its deserted sweep of sand. Adjoining it is Mahawella Beach's two-kilometre stretch that reaches towards a prominent palm-topped headland in the distance. Lansiya sits directly opposite this headland looking over the two adjoining bays and out to sea, with only the occasional walker and fishermen who park their technicolour catamarans on the sand. The length of the beaches combined make them great for walking or jogging whilst the sea offers safe swimming in certain places year-round. The swell makes it great for body boarding whilst rock pools host scampering crabs that provide hours of fun for the kids.
As well as the sublime situation, Lansiya can also boast Sylvester’s long-term service as House Manager and exceptional chef. His cooking prowess can lay claim to Japanese, Thai, Indian, Sri Lankan and European cuisines which are expertly created so that every dining opportunity is as exciting as it is memorable. Everything is made fresh and there is a strong emphasis on seafood and locally-sourced produce. Meal choices can be discussed with Sylvester daily. Nearby to Lansiya you can visit the Mulgirigala rock temple, an important Buddhist site, which dates back over 2000 years, take a safari in Yala National Park where you can see leopards, elephants, sloth bears, wild boar, buffalos and pythons or visit the Bundala Nature Reserve, famous for its abundant birdlife.
So Lansiya really does have it all; breath-taking sea views, 4 stylish bedrooms, tantalising cuisine and incredible privacy. Staffed by an excellent team of six, this piece of paradise near Tangalle features plentiful living space, a stunning infinity swimming pool and glorious tropical garden overlooking a wide sandy bay; it's the ultimate escape.