|Available for longterm|
|Available for weddings|
|Suitable for children|
|Suitable for elderly|
|Suitable for wheelchairs|
- Personal safe
- Air Condition
- King Size bed
- Twin bed
- Queen Size bed
- En-suite bathroom
- Computer available
- Gas stove
- Coffee machine
- Water cooler
- Lounge seating
- Ceiling Fans
- Air conditioned TV room
- Surround Sound
- DVD Player
- Satellite TV
- Parking available
- Terrace / balcony
- Sun beds / chairs
The exotic Walatta House is an incredibly stylish but laid-back house located on the south coast of Sri Lanka near Tangalle. The house sits in the middle of a beautiful plot of land and is incredibly private, while being close to all the amenities of Tangalle. It is surrounded by expansive gardens and provides direct access to the beach. The villa is around 3 hours from the airport using the new tollway. Guests can enjoy easy access to activities and attractions such as Wevurukannala Buddha Statue, Dondra temple, Mulkirigala, and Uda Walawe National Park.
|Season||Dates||Daily Rental||Minimum Stay|
|Low Season||01 May to 30 Jun
01 Sep to 30 Nov
|USD 450||3 nights|
|High Season||01 Dec to 18 Dec
09 Jan to 26 Jan
06 Feb to 09 Apr
24 Apr to 30 Apr
|USD 800||7 nights|
* Rates shown are for 4 adults (+ 2 children)
* Services, Staff
* Electricity, mains water
* Basic cleaning and garden supplies
* Telephone costs
* Provisioning costs
* Extra services (nannies, drivers, therapists, tour and event organization)
* For cancellations more than 60 days before the arrival date 80% of the total rental amount, minus a USD 150 administration fee, will be refunded.
* For cancellations and/or amendments 30 - 60 days before the arrival date, 50% of the final booking amount, minus USD 150 in administration fees, will be refunded.
* For cancellations 1 - 29 days before the arrival date and for no -shows, no refund will be made.
* During peak periods, 30 days will be added to all cancellation periods.
* A refund may be offered, if the Villa is re-let for the same duration and at the same rates.
* Any amendments that reduce the total rental amount will be treated as a partial cancellation and may be subject to the cancellation fees stated above.
* Any amendments that involve the booking of another property altogether, will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and the creation of a new one.
* In the unlikely event a villa booking is cancelled by the owner, the owner will attempt to secure a booking in an alternative property of the same standard, at the same rates. If this is not possible, a full refund will be made.
* Prices quoted are in US Dollars, are listed by the Villa Owners and are subject to change without prior notice. However, once a deposit or payment has been received, the prices will not be amended for the dates of the rental.
* All payments are to be made in US dollars unless an exchange rate for other currencies has been agreed on prior to the payment being made.
* Bookings more than 30 days before the date of arrival will require a 50% deposit to confirm the booking. The full payment must be received 30 days (60 days if peak period) before the date of arrival. No reminder will be sent and failure to pay on time may result in a loss of the booking.
* Bookings made within 30 days of the date (60 days if peak period) of arrival, will require full payment.
* Once the deposit or payment has been received, a final booking confirmation will be sent.
* A security deposit equivalent of one night rent will be payable in US Dollars, in cash, on arrival at the villa. This deposit will be used against any damages or charges incurred during the stay. The difference or full amount will be returned in USD on the day of departure. If the charges cannot be determined at the time of departure, the Owner is entitled to withhold a reasonable estimate from your security deposit and will return any balance as soon as the actual cost has been determined.
An architectural masterpiece with stunning views
Walatta House is an architectural masterpiece that offers a perfect mix of modernism and ethnicity. Partially ‘submerged’ into a hillside, it provides 180 degree views of the Indian Ocean. The open-plan layout and design maximizes the interaction between the indoors and out to create a sense of openness and space. The landscape is used as an integral element in the design with the living room opening onto and offering stunning views across the infinity pool to the ocean, the beaches and beyond. The bedrooms also seem to extend naturally into courtyards to allow for maximum airflow and natural ventilation while the heat-absorbing grass minimizes air-conditioning.
Walatta House has 3 bedrooms all with en-suites and all air-conditioned. Two of the bedrooms have double beds while the third has one twin and is ideal for children sharing. The bathrooms are indoor / outdoor and all bedrooms have French windows with views onto the gardens. The master bedroom has French sliding floor to ceiling windows on three sides and a small terrace overlooking pool. Passing the bedrooms, you enter the open plan and open sided sitting and dining area.
The open sided sitting and dining area of Walatta House is fitted with a teak dining table where you can enjoy meals or just relax. The TV room has a comfortable L-shaped sofa. The fully equipped kitchen allows you to prepare your own meals and also the option to have the villa's cook to prepare and pamper you with the choicest dishes. The kitchen and staff house is in a separate building adjacent to the main house. Outdoors, the rectangular infinity pool runs the length of the house while the secluded beaches are just a few metres down the slope. The tropical garden is a tranquil paradise and is ideal to relax and socialize. The villa is staffed with cook, steward, houseboy, gardener and security.