7 7 18
The best we have ever stayed at
A haven of luxury and sophistication
|Available for longterm
|Available for weddings
|Suitable for children
|Suitable for elderly
|Suitable for wheelchairs
- Personal safe
- Baby cot
- Air conditioning
- Bunk Bed
- King Size bed
- Twin bed
- Single bed
- Bed Linen
- Bath tub
- En-suite bathroom
- Local mobile phone or card available
- Gas stove
- Fridge (standalone)
- Coffee machine
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Cinema, DVD
- Parking available
- Sun beds / chairs
- Solarium/Roof terrace
- BBQ / Bar area
- Water slide
- Yoga Shala
Meda Gedara lies at the Southerly most tip of Sri Lanka, between Matara and Tangalle. It's a 3 hour drive from the airport. 1 hour drive from Galle and 1km from Dikwella.
Include all taxes - No booking fees
* Electricity, mains water
* Basic cleaning and garden supplies
* Comes with acclaimed chef adept at western and local dishes.
Full board $50 per day, per adult. $30 per day per child (16-3). Under 3’s $10 per day. All meal costs to be paid at time of booking.
* Taxes & Services
* Telephone costs
* Provisioning costs
* Extra services (nannies, drivers, therapists, tour and event organization)
* For cancellations more than 60 days before the arrival date 80% of the total rental amount, minus a USD 150 administration fee, will be refunded.
* For cancellations and/or amendments 30 - 60 days before the arrival date, 50% of the final booking amount, minus USD 150 in administration fees, will be refunded.
* For cancellations 1 - 29 days before the arrival date and for no -shows, no refund will be made.
* During peak periods, 30 days will be added to all cancellation periods.
* A refund may be offered, if the Villa is re-let for the same duration and at the same rates.
* Any amendments that reduce the total rental amount will be treated as a partial cancellation and may be subject to the cancellation fees stated above.
* Any amendments that involve the booking of another property altogether, will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and the creation of a new one.
* In the unlikely event a villa booking is cancelled by the owner, the owner will attempt to secure a booking in an alternative property of the same standard, at the same rates. If this is not possible, a full refund will be made.
* Prices quoted are in US Dollars, are listed by the Villa Owners and are subject to change without prior notice. However, once a deposit or payment has been received, the prices will not be amended for the dates of the rental.
* All payments are to be made in US dollars unless an exchange rate for other currencies has been agreed on prior to the payment being made.
* Bookings more than 30 days before the date of arrival will require a 50% deposit to confirm the booking. The full payment must be received 30 days (60 days if peak period) before the date of arrival. No reminder will be sent and failure to pay on time may result in a loss of the booking.
* Bookings made within 30 days of the date (60 days if peak period) of arrival, will require full payment.
* Once the deposit or payment has been received, a final booking confirmation will be sent.
* A security deposit equivalent of one night rent will be payable in US Dollars, in cash, on arrival at the villa. This deposit will be used against any damages or charges incurred during the stay. The difference or full amount will be returned in USD on the day of departure. If the charges cannot be determined at the time of departure, the Owner is entitled to withhold a reasonable estimate from your security deposit and will return any balance as soon as the actual cost has been determined.
Beautifully decorated beach villa
The attention to detail is apparent the moment you step through the large antique double fronted doors onto the beautiful hand-made Vietnamese tiles. Your gaze is immediately taken through the sitting area and into the garden with an incredible view of the alluring ocean. In between this staggering view, on a lower terraced deck, is the main swimming pool with sloping beach-inspired access ideal for small children as well as the more mature swimmer.
A teak staircase winds its way upstairs, past vast windows onto the 6-bedroom lined landing. Each bedroom is unique and filled with 4 poster beds, fitted mosquito nets, air con, comfortable seating, interesting curios and artwork; all bathrooms are delightful. A children’s bunk room cleverly has a larger bottom bed for a nanny. The master suite has an adjoining room with twin beds for smaller children.
Perfect for a couple without children, is another bedroom, charmingly housed in the Garden suite. It looks out across the lovely lawn on which many a SL vs ‘The rest of the World’ cricket match is held. An umpire’s hut is appropriately situated close to the action on the other side, whilst also doubling up as a look-out point to the beach, or as a shaded ‘refreshment pavilion’.
Hidden amongst the tropical planting lies a 74-foot water slide snaking its way into a plunge pool that rather generously is separated from the main pool allowing hours of fun whilst the less frantic can relax in calm waters. A large terrace with comfortable loungers, provides ample tanning spots.
Discreetly positioned further down the garden, is a stunning and spacious Yoga pavilion with wonderful views out to sea. The beautifully landscaped garden ensures this is a gentle and quiet area perfect for yoga and meditation, whilst hammocks swing between the palm trees, down by the beach.
Returning to the house there is a brightly coloured and cushioned ‘TV room’ for exhausted children, it’s conveniently nestled right in the middle of the villa, it has a ‘peep window’ so that parents can check on snoozing kids without disturbing them. There is also a wonderful grown up ‘Cinema room’ with projector and huge screen.
The chef is excellent and cooks an expansive range of cuisine and is very happy to offer cooking lessons on site. They have created amazing set menus so that no decisions need to be made daily, there are also inspired vegetarian and vegan menus. They have a separate kids menu. The chef is supported by a fantastically efficient team of 7 staff, seamlessly working behind the scenes.
This villa encompasses every creature comfort, in abundance. A spoiling home away from home, with luxuriously large beds, reassuringly lovely linen and a shortage of nothing.
Meda Gedara is a fabulous house that exudes wonderful energy, and promises a fun and very comfortable holiday for any group, large or small, of all ages.