The Teak House
2 2 4
Perfect get-away-from-it-all spot
Your own little corner of paradise.
A rare piece of heaven on earth....complete with a fabulous chef!
Go to Sri Lanka!
|Available for longterm|
|Available for weddings|
|Suitable for children|
|Suitable for elderly|
|Suitable for wheelchairs|
- Single bed
- Double bed
- Bed Linen
- Extra bed
- En-suite bathroom
- Fridge (standalone)
- Coffee machine
- Breakfast bar
- Lounge seating
- Ceiling fans
- Parking available
- Sun beds / chairs
- BBQ / Bar area
The Teak House is located in Tangalle, some 190 km south of Colombo. Moments before the 191km marker on the Galle Road, 7km before Tangalle and directly opposite the gates to Seenimodera temple, take a right turn onto a concrete road on the sea side. At the end of the road on the right hand side, you will find The Teak House.
Include all taxes - No booking fees
- 10% Service Charge included.
- Laundry per load Rs1,000 including ironing.
- Breakfast and lunch or dinner (including all beverages) will be charged at cost (including transport) and receipts will be provided.
- Extra bed 25 USD per night
- Each bedroom sleeps, two people. However, single additional beds can be arranged in each bedroom. The size of your party should not exceed 6 people (including children of any age).
- Cancellations notified within 5 weeks of the arrival date will be liable to a further 50% charge of the total booking fee. Cancellations within 2 weeks of arrival or cancellations notified within 7 days of arrival date or no-shows all year round will be liable to 100% charge of booking total.
- We recommend all guests take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen claim.
A 30% non-refundable deposit is payable when you confirm your booking. Balance payment will be due 60 days before booked arrival date
Welcome to Paradise
From its elevated position overlooking Seenimodera beach, the villa’s vast bedrooms and open plan living benefit from the constant breezes coming from the Indian Ocean below. Hidden from view, the villa, constructed entirely of teak - one of Sri Lanka’s sustainable hardwoods - is relaxed and incredibly comfortable. Lying in one of the six foot, four-poster beds, wreathed in fine white mosquito nets, you can see and hear the constant rhythm of the Indian Ocean.
Planted with an exotic collection of wonderful tropical flora, The Teak House garden has become a haven for a stunning collection of tropical birds. Woodpecker, peacocks, birds of paradise, kingfisher and the busy ‘chit chat’ birds luxuriate in its lush profusion. Sea eagles hover above and, as dusk falls and a dark tropical night descends, fireflies light up the sky.
Completed in September 2014, The Teak House now offers a truly beautiful infinity pool. Swim in the shadow of coconut trees and watch the waves crashing on the beach below. Although it took nearly 10 years to arrive, the new pool is well worth the wait. It is heavenly for those who want to do their laps or simply want to raise an evening cocktail in the cool of the water. Enjoy.