5 5 11
|Available for longterm|
|Available for weddings|
|Suitable for children|
|Suitable for elderly|
|Suitable for wheelchairs|
- Personal safe
- Air conditioning
- King Size bed
- Twin bed
- Queen Size bed
- Baby high chair
- Bath tub
- En-suite bathroom
- Gas stove
- Fridge (standalone)
- Lounge seating
- Ceiling fans
- Pool table
- Sun beds / chairs
- BBQ / Bar area
- Gazebo or pergola
- Yoga shala
Claughton House is set amidst 8 acres of walled-in gardens on a hilltop, near sleepy Dickwela. The villa enjoys a secluded setting and provides guests the perfect opportunity to explore the stunning beaches, wildlife sanctuaries and the southern cultural heritage of Sri Lanka. From the villa, you can also visit the fortified city of Galle and the Yala National Park.
Include all taxes - No booking fees
|Season||Dates||Bedrooms||Daily Rental||Minimum Stay|
|Low Season|| 1 May 2020
30 Nov 2020
|5 bedroom||USD 952||2 nights|
|High Seasn|| 1 Dec 2020
13 Dec 2020
|5 bedroom||USD 1,344||2 nights|
|Peak Season||14 Dec 2020
7 Jan 2021
|5 bedroom||USD 2,800||7 nights|
|High Season|| 8 Jan 2021
30 Apr 2021
|5 bedroom||USD 1,568||2 nights|
* Claughton House can accommodate 11 pax (max 8 adults and 3 children)
* Electricity, mains water
* Basic cleaning and garden supplies
* Baby cot upon request
* Taxes & Services
* Provisioning costs
* Extra services (nannies, drivers, therapists, tour and event organization)
* For cancellations more than 60 days before the arrival date 80% of the total rental amount, minus a USD 150 administration fee, will be refunded.
* For cancellations and/or amendments 30 - 60 days before the arrival date, 50% of the final booking amount, minus USD 150 in administration fees, will be refunded.
* For cancellations 1 - 29 days before the arrival date and for no -shows, no refund will be made.
* During peak periods, 30 days will be added to all cancellation periods.
* A refund may be offered, if the Villa is re-let for the same duration and at the same rates.
* Any amendments that reduce the total rental amount will be treated as a partial cancellation and may be subject to the cancellation fees stated above.
* Any amendments that involve the booking of another property altogether, will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and the creation of a new one.
* In the unlikely event a villa booking is cancelled by the owner, the owner will attempt to secure a booking in an alternative property of the same standard, at the same rates. If this is not possible, a full refund will be made.
* Prices quoted are in US Dollars, are listed by the Villa Owners and are subject to change without prior notice. However, once a deposit or payment has been received, the prices will not be amended for the dates of the rental.
* All payments are to be made in US dollars unless an exchange rate for other currencies has been agreed on prior to the payment being made.
* Bookings more than 30 days before the date of arrival will require a 50% deposit to confirm the booking. The full payment must be received 30 days (60 days if peak period) before the date of arrival. No reminder will be sent and failure to pay on time may result in a loss of the booking.
* Bookings made within 30 days of the date (60 days if peak period) of arrival, will require full payment.
* Once the deposit or payment has been received, a final booking confirmation will be sent.
* A security deposit equivalent of one night rent will be payable in US Dollars, in cash, on arrival at the villa. This deposit will be used against any damages or charges incurred during the stay. The difference or full amount will be returned in USD on the day of departure. If the charges cannot be determined at the time of departure, the Owner is entitled to withhold a reasonable estimate from your security deposit and will return any balance as soon as the actual cost has been determined.
Private villa with direct beach access
Claughton House is a five-bedroom villa designed by the late Geoffrey Bawa. The villa boasts an open plan living area comprising the dining area and sitting area. The area overlooks the spectacular views of the Indian Ocean. The villa is spread across three levels, all with fabulous views of the pool, garden, beach and the ocean beyond. It also provides direct access to the beach which is seasonally safe for swimming and surfing. The villa is supported by tall pillars across its frontage, providing a huge living area where guests can dine and also enjoy the views and breeze from three sides.
All the five bedrooms of Claughton House are air-conditioned and have en-suite bathrooms. Bedroom 5 also has the TV room with Satellite TV and has a table tennis table in an adjoining room. All five bathrooms have indoor showers while two also have outdoor showers. Beautifully decorated and carefully fitted with all modern amenities, the villa offers a very laid-back feel. The beach seems to be a natural extension of the garden and pool, is quiet and charming, and can be accessed from the foot of the garden. The swimming pool is built to overlook the ocean and meals can be enjoyed indoors and around the pool. There is also a BBQ in the garden which is ideal for sunset meals.
Claughton House is serviced by an in-house chef who is well-trained to prepare local and western meals in the fully fitted kitchen. The villa is also serviced by a housekeeping, gardener and maintenance staff. Guests travelling with kids and toddlers will find the villa to be extremely child-friendly. At the time of booking, baby cot and baby sitting services/nanny can be arranged. Apart from spending time on the beach, the guests can also enjoy excursions to Kalametiya bird sanctuary, Yala Safari Park and the beaches around Tengalle. The Claughton team can also organise boat and fishing trips.