The Boat House
4 5 10
|Available for longterm
|Available for weddings
|Suitable for children
|Suitable for elderly
|Suitable for wheelchairs
- Personal safe
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Sound system
- Baby cot
- Roll/Pull away bed
- Air conditioning
- iPod dock
- King Size bed
- Walk-in wardrobe
- Bed Linen
- Extra bed
- Apple TV
- Fully Staffed Villa
- Bath tub
- Rain shower
- En-suite bathroom
- His and her shower
- Separate toilet
- Dish washer
- Freezer (standalone)
- Fridge (standalone)
- Coffee machine
- Ice Maker
- Water cooler
- Breakfast bar
- Lounge seating
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Bar Area
- Music System
- Parking available
- Sun beds / chairs
- BBQ / Bar area
With the vibrant and colourful Dikwella market just around the corner and Wewurukannala Vihara, the location of the tallest Buddha statue in Sri Lanka, also in the heart of the town, if you ever feel the need to explore a little further afield you will find plenty on offer to do and experience; what’s more you can venture out safe in the knowledge that the sanctuary of the Boat House and its luxury beach front experience is never far away.Situated on the Tangalle road 45 minutes from the end of the Southern highway.
The villa can be reached from Colombo airport by car in under three hours. The Mattala Rajapaksa International airport is even closer, just a one hour forty-five minute drive away.
For the more romantic or adventurous a sea plane flies daily from Colombo to the nearby Mawalla Lagoon a 35-minute journey, and from there the Boat House is just a ten-minute car ride away
Include all taxes - No booking fees
Service of staff
- private butler service
- 2 chefs
- 2 housekeepers
- Other meals are provided at cost of ingredients only
- Possibility for smaller parties to rent part of the villa in Low season but only on a las minute (2 weeks booking in advance)
- Airport transfer 100USD
The following cancellation charges will be applicable depending on when the notification of the cancellation is received in writing:
30 days or more before arrival date:
* Deposit forfeited - but credited for 9 months from the date of the cancellation confirmation by the management company. The credit can be used by the client or anyone on their behalf for a reservation for the same villa and during any period.
Within 30 days of arrival date:
* All rental payments are forfeited.
* The above cancellation charges also apply if the management company cancels the booking due to non-payment of the balance. If the dates of the booking require to be changed or amended, this may be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and cancellation charges may apply.
* Any change to the original reservation is subject to the approval of the management company.
* Early departure penalty will be subject to negotiation with the management company.
Shall the party wish to change villa on arrival, a minimum 3 days notice is required or will be charged as a cancellation fee. Any differences in published rates between the villas are also applicable and will be charged to the Guests. Shall the alternative villa be cheaper, no refund will be made.
* To guarantee this booking in the first instance, you will be required to pay a deposit equivalent to 50% of the full payment to book the villa and it is non-refundable.
* Full balance is due at least 30 days prior to arrival
Last minute reservation
* In case of reservation within 30 days of arrival, full payment may be requested at once before the arrival date
Kindly inform upon confirmation of your reservation, which form of payment would be preferred.
* Payments may be made by Telegraphic Transfer to our company bank account or through an online payment gateway with your credit card (visa or master card).
* If payment by credit card is preferred this will incur a 3.9% admin fee.
Luxury fully staffed holiday villa
Stunning fully staffed four bedroom beach front villa. Including butler, 2 housekeepers and 2 chefs who will prepare daily breakfast for you. Villa has the possibility of indoor and outdoor dining, BBQ and amazing infinity pool overlooking one of the best beaches on the South Coast.
As The Boat House was always intended to be family retreat as well as a villa to rent, it was crucial to us that it was both designed without compromise and built to give all the enjoyment, privacy and creature comforts of home. In brief, our vision was to craft a villa to provide guests with an unrivalled holiday experience in a magically exotic location imbued with a feeling of ‘home’.
Having come up with this impossible-sounding brief, we then decided the only smart option was to pass the buck and to make the small matter of making the vision a reality someone else’s problem. Luckily one of our closest friends, Fiona Miles, also happens to be a wonderfully talented interior designer. Better still she put sense aside and agreed to work with us and has somehow managed to expertly and luxuriously furnish The Boat House with a chic blend of the old and the new. Ignoring some of our frankly more insane ideas, yet always working to ensure the core of what we wanted was achieved, Fiona has created a home in which each living area boasts style, space and an unparalleled attention to detail.
The four bedrooms each have en suite bathrooms and all give stunning views of the sea and gently curving horseshoe bay whilst the downstairs bedroom also has access to a private courtyard.
At the risk of turning this page into some sort of bad infomercial, we also thank our lucky stars that we stumbled across Linden who has designed and had hand crafted the beautiful furniture and lights you see in our villa.
The combined effect of the location and superb styling of the house and grounds will leave you feeling relaxed and renewed and having recently been featured twice in the UK Sunday Times as a top ten summer /winter 2017 pick, we feel it is not only us that thinks this way.