Haldummula Estate Bungalow
2 2 6
|Available for longterm
|Available for weddings
|Suitable for children
|Suitable for elderly
|Suitable for wheelchairs
- Bunk Bed
- Double bed
- Bed Linen
- Bath tub
- Gas stove
- Fridge (standalone)
- Pots and Pans
Nestled amongst the tea bushes the house is perfectly situated right in the middle of your very own private 50 acre organic tea estate. The estate is part of the oldest organic tea estate in Sri Lanka.
Include all taxes - No booking fees
- 2 extra children at the cost of USD 10 per child per day can be accommodated on an extra double mattress on the floor
- Refundable security deposit
The following cancellation charges will be applicable depending on when the notification of the cancellation is received in writing:
30 days or more before arrival date:
* Deposit forfeited - but credited for 9 months from the date of the cancellation confirmation by the management company. The credit can be used by the client or anyone on their behalf for a reservation for the same villa and during any period.
Within 30 days of arrival date:
* All rental payments are forfeited.
* The above cancellation charges also apply if the management company cancels the booking due to non-payment of the balance. If the dates of the booking require to be changed or amended, this may be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and cancellation charges may apply.
* Any change to the original reservation is subject to the approval of the management company.
* Early departure penalty will be subject to negotiation with the management company.
* To guarantee this booking in the first instance, you will be required to pay a deposit equivalent to 50% of the full payment to book the villa and it is non-refundable.
* Full balance is due at least 30 days prior to arrival
Last minute reservation
* In case of reservation within 30 days of arrival, full payment may be requested at once before the arrival date
Kindly inform upon confirmation of your reservation, which form of payment would be preferred.
* Payments may be made by Telegraphic Transfer to our company bank account or through an online payment gateway with your credit card (visa or master card).
* If payment by credit card is preferred this will incur a 3.1% admin fee.
A perfect getaway in the nature
Wake with the chirping of birds , skip through the tea with monkeys, hike through forests, or simply laze on the lawn with a book. Haldummulla is a place to unwind in a homely uncluttered open space. We love it, and hope you will too.
The house has a living room with open fireplace and dining room, both with large bay windows overlooking the lawn towards the panoramic views of the south. There are two double bedrooms, both have en suite bathrooms. One of the bedrooms has a set of bunk beds for young children. Sleeps 4 adults and 2 young children.
Nestled amongst the tea bushes the house is perfectly situated right in the middle of your very own private 50 acre organic tea estate. The estate is part of the oldest organic tea estate in Sri Lanka. The 50 acre estate is situated on an undulating plateau just under the high pass and quaint railway station of Idalgashinna, on the famously scenic Kandy to Badulla line. The land is a mixture of tea and wilderness with spectacular views over the plains below to the south. Watch the tea being plucked by brightly clad women and give them a helping hand. You may soon make some friends to visit in their equally colourful homes bordering the estate.
There are plenty of activities and walks to do in the area. Bambarakanda Falls, Sri Lankan's tallest waterfall, is a short drive away. The remains of an old Portuguese Fort sits in a forest adjoining the land and there are many ancient archeological remains in and around Haldummulla. Or you can simply Be, and instead soak in the fresh mountain air, eat lovely curries and rest.
Lovely Pria and her family will help look after you during your stay. Wonderful aromatic curries are always simmering in her little kitchen. For more exotic western fare we suggest you help her to prepare. We have plenty of fresh vegetables growing on the land and neighbouring properties, and fresh cows milk and eggs. However please bring your own alcohol and any food items that you can imagine would not be available in a remote location such as this. We can advise if you are unsure what to bring.